At 25,000 square feet, Carnegie West is Cleveland Public Library’s largest branch. Carnegie West opened in 1910 and was designed by Edward Tilton, the architect who designed four buildings for the U.S. Immigration Station on Ellis Island in New York. Carnegie West’s architecture can be described as modified Renaissance with elements of classical style. The building’s materials of brick, limestone, and terracotta provide a contrast of texture and color.
In the background is St. Patrick's Church designed by architect Alfred Green in Gothic Revival. The building began construction in 1871, built of Sandusky blue limestone.
This is a high-quality 8x10 print, ready for framing. Photo ships within a few days of the order via USPS. All rights are reserved by the photographer and the photo cannot be reproduced without written permission.